Mostly Cloudy 38.0°
The Iron Mountain and Dickinson County Area offers wonderful opportunities for winter sports enthusiasts with downhill and cross country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, and ice fishing.
Ski Pine Mountain
Boasting the best groomed slops in the Midwest, Pine Mountain Resort offers great skiing that the whole family will enjoy. Whether you are an expert skier looking to tune your skills, or a rookie to the sport, Pine Mountain has terrain to suit all abilities.
Our Ski School has PSIA certified instructors that will have you on our slopes in no time with confidence. With over 20 years of experience between them, our ski school directors lead a group of instructors that make skiing and snowboarding fun for all age groups.
Pine Mountain is open 7 days a week and features 27 runs, 3 lifts, 2 surface tows, 2 terrain parks, and night skiing Wednesday through Saturday.
Ski Pine Mountain
(906) 774-2747 - (877) 553-7463
Ski Norway Mountain
Thank you to Mike, his family and his staff for 20 years of operating a great ski hill at Norway Mountain. Norway Mountain is now closed, please keep in mind Pine Mountain is open and ready to accommodate skiers in our area this year when the snow starts falling.
Come winter, snowmobilers from all around the Great Lakes buzz through the country's interior on a well-groomed network of trails which connects with the trails in the rest of the Upper Peninsula and Wisconsin.
"The Gateway to the U. P." Iron Mountain is located on the border of Wisconsin, providing snowmobilers with access to the entire UP of Michigan and Northern Wisconsin. Less than 2 hours north of Green Bay, Iron Mountain can be your hub for all your snowmobile adventures.
With over 118 miles of trails, just in our county, the scenery here can be breathtaking. From vertical granite outcroppings glistening with frozen waterfalls, to scenic forests where wildlife abound, great trail-side restaurants and lodgings, to crossing the Menominee River via a trestle bridge. Make Iron Mountain your home base and travel across the U P and northern Wisconsin. MININIZE your automotive travel, MAXIMIZE your snowmobile travel!!!!
The Tri-County Snowmobile Club does a tremendous job of keeping the trails open, cleaned up and groomed. They keep the trails well marked and also have road identification signs at many of the intersections. By staying on the groomed and marked trails, you will always have a safe and scenic journey!! Please visit Tri-County Snowmobile Club.
Enjoy many of great local establishments on and off the trail. From homemade Italian meals, locally made pasties, mouth-watering steaks and huge burgers, all appetites can be satisfied.
CLICK HERE for current Snowmobile Trail Conditions Report!
CLICK HERE to view Dickinson County area snowmobile trail map!
Also, check out Iron Mountain PowerSports for Snowmobile Rentals & Sales
Back to Top
Cross Country Skiing
Cross country ski trails are numerous in the Iron Mountain area. Enjoy the Fumee Lake Natural Area for a wonderful ski through the woods. Other trails include Iron Mountain City Park, Lake Mary Plains west of Sagola, and the Merriman East Pathway in Michigan. Wisconsin offers the Nicolet National Forest near Florence and Riverside Park just north of Niagara.
- Fumee Lake Natural Area -Parking lots: 2 miles West of Norway on US 2, 1 mile north on Upper Pine Creek Rd. and off Lake Antoine Rd just east of Lake Antoine Park. 7, 2 and 1 mile loops. Groomed cross-county ski trail also. MAP
- Iron Mountain City Park - West off US-2, end of "A" St. 4 loops totaling 3.5 km. Easy to difficult paths. Groomed cross-county ski trail also. MAP
- Lake Mary Plains - West on M-69 from Sagola. South on Glidden Lk Rd. Both loops 3.4 miles.
- Merriman East Pathway - Off the Merriman East Truck Trail. Pathway A is 3.3 miles and Pathway B is 5.6 miles.
- Riverside Park - North Niagara, WI, Washington Ave off US-141. Several loops totaling 11 miles. Many easy, one expert trail. Groomed cross-country ski trail also.
- Strawberry Lake Recreation 4 blocks North on Main St from US-2 traffic light.
- Florence WI Area Ski Trails
In February, prepare to be stunned when you see the worlds finest ski jumpers soar through the air to compete with other nations for honors at the Giant Pine Mountain Ski Jump.Back to Top